Project Manager (Alzheimer’s Prevention)
About the Role
Provoc works with visionary leaders on the critical issues of our time. We partner with organizations that impact the lives of millions of people every day — and we’re searching for a talented project manager to serve our world-changing clients.
We are growing our project team to meet expanding needs. The Project Manager will be managing a family of coordinated projects that share an overarching goal of connecting healthy members of the public, of all ages, to Alzheimer’s prevention researchers. These projects deliver a full range of integrated strategy and design assets: information and education, including video and infographics; web-based search; online community acquisition and engagement; segmentation, filtering and registration capabilities for connecting to studies; ad hoc print and digital design projects for newspaper, billboards, PowerPoints, and email, etc.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3-5+ years of project management experience working with digital teams focused on integrating front and back end systems to provide end users a seamless user experience while also capturing and analyzing data efficiently. This candidate is immersed in data driven decision-making, CRM technologies (Salesforce preferred), branding and messaging, web design and development, SEO/SEM, and strategic communications.
What we’re looking for…
- 3-5+ years relevant experience (project management, CMS, CRM, EMS, processes related to strategy, discovery, and design)
- Experience managing, collaborating and coordinating with teams comprised of members with diverse skill sets, from multiple organizations, across multiple timezones
- Able to create clear, realistic project plans and schedules
- A solid history of meeting project goals and deliverables
- Creative problem solver; able to leverage networks, conduct research to find solutions to unique problems, and extend beyond one’s comfort zone
- Experience collaborating with colleagues in business development to help build unique product lines and new services
- A self-starting pioneer who enjoys organizing chaos
- Commitment to working toward a better world
- Proficiency with Basecamp, MS Office applications, or other project management tools is a plus
- Agile/Scrum project management experience is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
What you would be responsible for…
- Coordinate a program of related projects
- Team with Project Lead to analyze and manage scope deliverables and cost estimates
- Develop project schedules for 2-12 week initiatives
- Establish clear communication channels between project team members
- Work closely with development team PM to ensure completeness and quality of design specifications
- Coordinate UX/design team resources to support schedule to include research and testing (heuristic, A/B, design)
- Implement and leverage agile/lean approaches to project communications and scope management, such as team stand-up (or “scrum”) meetings, and highest-value prioritization of effort
- Coordinate project meetings with internal and external teams
- Prepare meeting agendas, and facilitate meetings; distribute action items and decisions from meetings
- Report project progress with respect to budget, schedule, and scope/quality
- Forecast changes to team resourcing and update internal systems
- Routinely organize and maintain project documentation
- Uphold communication norms to achieve accountability
What you should know about us…
For seventeen years, Provoc has partnered with visionary clients across the social change space. Rooted in a discovery process that creates buy-in at all levels of an organization, our services include branding, marketing, and communications; digital strategy; test-driven user experience and website design; video concepting and production; and project management. In addition to our core team, Provoc partners with leading experts in communications, messaging, design usability, fundraising, behavioral analytics, direct marketing, data mining, SEO/SEM, and technical implementation.
We have doubled in size over the last 12 months, so you will be joining a team in transition and will be responsible for developing strategies and processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the project management office. This is both an exciting and critical time for us, so it is vital that our Director of Project Management enjoy the challenges that arise on the journey to living our company’s vision in a true and sustainable way.
Reasons you might love working with us…
Our work matches our values. Our clients have the potential to impact millions of lives every day. We are a Certified B Corporation that values social and environmental responsibility.
We value the happiness and well-being of our team members. We’re constantly sharing thought-provoking books, cool websites we’ve found, philosophies of design, insights on life, and anything else that keeps a growing brain growing. We laugh constantly. We can often be found peppering our team emails with GIFs. We are family-friendly, dog-friendly, and all-around nice people.
Our DC-based office is conveniently located in Logan Circle and serves as a creative hub and coworking space, shared with mission-driven organizations in the social impact sphere.
Provoc offers a comprehensive benefits package including affordable health care options for employees and their families, a retirement plan, paid time off and flexible work schedules.
Want to join our team?
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter (or creative alternative that tells us who you are and why you’re applying for this position. If you choose the more creative option, please also submit a brief writing sample)
- Salary requirements
- Personal website and portfolio materials are welcomed
Priority consideration for all applications received by February 1st, 2017.
No staffing agencies / headhunters please.
As an equal opportunity employer, Provoc is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, and we look for candidates who have a high level of demonstrated comfort with cultural competency; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.